Welcome to the 2022-23 Academic Year! The Tramble Centre for Accessible Learning is an academic program of support for students with diagnosed and documented permanent disabilities. Tramble Centre Staff work with students to put in place recommended accommodations that will help students to succeed at STFX. Please note that registration for the Winter 2023 term is now closed.
Tutoring, Note Taking, Academic Strategy, Assistive Technology, Testing Accommodations are just some of the supports available to students registered with our Centre.
For new students wanting to register with the Tramble Centre for the 2023-2024 academic year or Spring/Summer Intersession, please log into our online portal using your STFX credentials. You will need to click on "New Student Registration", complete the form and upload your disability documentation. Once your eligibility has been confirmed you will receive an email asking you to book an intake appointment.
For those students currently registered with the Tramble Centre, please click on "Book an Appointment " to meet with one of our staff members or to book any tests in our online portal.
If you have any questions, or are looking for information, please email email@example.com and one of our team members will respond in a timely manner.
*As a reminder, below are our test booking rules:
- All tests must be booked at least 7 days before the date of the test- please book your tests as you early as possible to avoid missing the deadline.
- If you miss the 7 day deadline for booking tests or exams, you will be required to write with the rest of your class, without accommodations.
- A $25.00 no show charge will be added to your student account if you do not cancel your test booking or do not show for a booked test.
If you are a student currently experiencing an emergency, the following resources are available 24/7:
- Proceed to your nearest hospital emergency department
- Call 911
- NS Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-888-429-8167
- Good2TalkNS: 1-833-292-3698
- Crisis Text Line: text “GOOD2TALKNS” to 686868