StFX Co-operative Education integrates relevant professional experience into a student’s degree through rotating periods of work (full time) and study.
If you are an StFX student who wants to discover the world of work, network with various professionals and industries, and build your resume with relevant and paid professional experience that is recognized by employers, Co-op is for you. Our co-op students have worked across Canada.
Co-op is more than just work experience. It is a well-organized and proven work-integrated learning model that contributes to students' academic and career goals.
The StFX Co-op Office is a proud member of Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning Canada (CEWIL Canada). The following Co-op programs have received CEWIL Canada accreditation: Schwartz School of Business, BSc in Biology, Computer Science, and BSc in Human Nutrition. All of our Co-op programs follow CEWIL Canada's guidelines.
The Co-op Advantage
- Work, live, and travel across Canada (some of our students have worked internationally).
- Access personalized career coaching and advising.
- Experience a variety of work experiences that you can integrate into your academics.
- Earn a competitive salary to help offset educational costs. Co-op jobs are full time!
- Build your understanding of the world of work.
- Practice your professional networking skills and gain confidence as an emerging professional.
- Discover your skills, interests, values, and goals.
- Increase your chance of being hired before graduation.