Post-Bac Diploma Enterprise IT Management Co-op

Our PDBEITM co-op students complete 4 months of paid work experience in appropriate fields of business, industry, government, non-profits, and academic studies. While completing the work experience, students complete the required learning assignments and are monitored and evaluated by the Co-op Office and their employer. Monitoring and evaluation will assist the student with learning and understanding of self and the world of work. As with many Co-op Education programs in Canada,  PDBEITM co-op students will complete two professional development seminars, one work term (4 months, summer after the first year), and our capstone course COOP 530.

PDBEITM Co-op Fees: $1700 ($600/seminar and $500 work term). In addition, students also pay the 3 credit tuition equivalent for the co-op work term (3credit). 

Work Term Sequencing 

  Year 1: Fall Year 1: Winter Summer Year 2: Fall Year 2: Winter
#course academic credits 12 12 not taking courses 12 12
COOP Requirements COOP 500, 501 Job Searching Work Term (3 credits) COOP 530  




Please visit our PDBEITM Co-op Questions and Answers site to learn more about Co-op.

Work Permit Information 

After being accepted into the Co-op program, international students are required to have a co-op work permit in addition to their study permit prior to applying for any co-op jobs. international students enrolled in the Co-op program should apply for their co-op work permit by September 30. For more information on the work permit application process visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. Co-op work permit application processing times can be lengthy. Students are encouraged to start the process immediately after being accepted into the Co-op program. Co-op Students should visit CIC's website as it contains the most up-to-date information. 

In addition to the co-op work permit, students will also need a Social Insurance Number (SIN). The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number that you need to work in Canada or to have access to government programs and benefits. For more information, please visit the Government of Canada's website. Students can apply for their SIN after being accepted into the Co-op Program.