Dr. Kailin Wright
- Ph.D. (University of Toronto)
- M.A. (University of Toronto)
- B.A. Honours (University of Toronto)
Research Interests and Teaching Interests: Canadian theatre; Canadian literature; social justice; identity; gender; race; Indigenous literatures; political theatre; performance studies; feminism; adaptation; Shakespeare adaptation; film and television adaptation; dystopia; reproductive justice; digital humanities; and children's literature. I am interested in working with Honours and Advanced Major students in any of these areas.
Current Activities: I am actively involved with Theatre Antigonish and I am currently working on a project about the treatment of motherhood and the future in Canadian theatre (funded by a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Insight Development Grant).
- ENGL 491 Selected Topics: Canadian Adaptations (2016-2017)
- ENGL 366 Special Topics in Canadian Literature I: Canadian Drama (2013-2014; 2012-2013)
- ENGL 338 Canadian Drama
- ENGL 264 Canadian Literature II:The 20th Century and After
- ENGL 263 Canadian Literature I: 18th and 19th Centuries
- ENGL 233 Children's Literature: 1865 to the Present
- ENGL 111 Literature and Academic Writing I
- ENGL 100 Introduction to Literature and Critical Writing