The Financial Aid Office is available as a resource to students who need information about student loan programs. While the university itself does not have a financial aid program students can use to apply for loan funding, StFX is pleased to participate in government student loan programs with both Canada and the USA. StFX is also a recognized foreign higher education institution in Ecuador's SENESCYT program. Our office is here to help students who may be experiencing difficulties with their application and need help navigating these programs.
The Financial Aid Office administers the university’s four bursary programs: Emergency, Entrance, General and Limited. Details about eligibility and the bursaries offered through each program may be accessed through the menu on the right. The office also assists students with their personal financial planning and credit management skills.
StFX 2022 X-Ring Bursary Program:
- There is a limited amount of funding available for approximately 6 to 8 graduating students to use towards the purchase of an X-Ring. These funds are meant to aid students to whom the ring will mean something special but who would otherwise not be able to purchase due to financial constraints.
- Applicants must be eligible to receive their X-Ring this December 3, 2021 to be considered for these bursaries.
- To apply, complete the online 2022 X-Ring Bursary application when it opens on Wednesday, September 1, 2021. Application will be available here.
- Deadline to apply is noon on Friday, September 17, 2021.
- Successful applicants will be notified via their StFX email account and given a deadline to accept their bursary. Due to the volume of applications expected, only those receiving bursaries will be contacted.
StFX General and Limited Bursary Programs for Current University Students:
- The General program will have four rounds of awards during the 2021-22 academic year. Applications will open on October 1, 2021 (round 1), November 3, 2021 (round 2), January 12 (round 3) and February 9 (round 4). Each application will be open for two weeks.
- The Limited program will open for application on September 7 for the fall 2021 term and on January 5 for the winter 2022 term. Each application will be open for four weeks.
- Applicants must be registered students in an academic degree or diploma program at StFX to apply to either program.
- Visit the StFX Bursary Programs webpage to learn more.
StFX Emergency Aid Program for Current University Students:
- StFX has launched an Emergency Aid Program to help students with urgent financial need, details available here.
- Students may apply using the online Student Emergency Fund Application Form for the fall 2021 term.
StFX Entrance Bursary Program for Grade 12 Students:
- All awards in the 2021-22 Entrance Bursary Program have been awarded and will be applied to recipients' student accounts by the September 15 payment due date.
- Applications will open in spring of 2022 to students entering directly from high school into undergraduate studies at StFX in fall 2022.
- Visit the StFX Entrance Bursaries webpage to learn more.