StFX General and Limited Bursary Programs for Current University Students:
- The General program will have four rounds of awards during the 2022-23 academic year. Applications will open on October 4, 2022 (round 1), November 1, 2022 (round 2), January 17, 2023 (round 3) and February 14, 2023 (round 4). Each application will be open for two weeks
- The Limited program will open for application on September 6, 2022 for the fall 2022 term and on January 4, 2023 for the winter 2023 term. Each application will be open for four weeks.
- Applicants must be registered students in an academic degree or diploma program at StFX to apply to either program.
- Visit the StFX Bursary Programs webpage to learn more.
StFX Emergency Aid Program for Current University Students:
- StFX has launched an Emergency Aid Program to help students with urgent financial need, details available here.
- Students may apply using the online Student Emergency Fund Application Form for the summer 2022 term.
StFX Entrance Bursary Program for Grade 12 Students:
- All awards in the 2022-23 Entrance Bursary Program have been awarded and will be applied to recipients' student accounts by the September 15 payment due date.
- Applications will open in spring 2023 to students entering directly from high school into undergraduate studies at StFX in fall 2023.
- Visit the StFX Entrance Bursaries webpage to learn more.
Note about Renewable Bursaries in the Entrance and Limited Bursary Programs:
Renewable bursaries must be applied for each year, renewals are not automatic. The recipient must demonstrate that they continue to have need and meet the criteria in each subsequent year of study for the renewal to be granted. If a renewal is not granted, it cannot be regained in a future year of study. A student who has lost a renewable bursary may be considered again as a new recipient in a future year as part of a new applicant pool, but will not be given preference as a past holder of the bursary.
Renewal eligibly does not extend between programs. If, while studying in a diploma or degree program at StFX a bursary is awarded with the potential to be renewed, renewals will only be considered during the completion of that diploma or degree program. Should a recipient graduate and begin studies in a new academic program, they may be considered as a new recipient within a new applicant pool, but will not be given preference as a past holder of a renewable bursary during their previous diploma or degree studies.
Note to Grade 12 Students:
Apply to the Limited and General Bursary Programs once you have begun your studies at StFX, you cannot be considered for funding in either of these programs while you are still in high school.