StFX General and Limited Bursary Programs for Current University Students:
- The General program will have four rounds of awards during the 2022-23 academic year. Applications will open on October 4, 2022 (round 1), November 1, 2022 (round 2), January 17, 2023 (round 3) and February 14, 2023 (round 4). Each application will be open for two weeks
- Round 1, 2, 3 and 4 General Bursaries: awarded
- The Limited program will open for application on September 6, 2022 for the fall 2022 term and on January 4, 2023 for the winter 2023 term. Each application will be open for four weeks.
- Fall 2022 limited bursary have been awarded.
- The Winter 2023 term program is now closed and applications are under review.
- Successful applicants will be notified of awards by mid-March via their StFX email account and provided with a deadline date to accept awarded funding.
- Applicants must be registered students in an academic degree or diploma program at StFX to apply to either program.
- Visit the StFX Bursary Programs webpage to learn more.
StFX Emergency Aid Program for Current University Students:
- StFX has launched an Emergency Aid Program to help students with urgent financial need, details and online application available here.
- Applicants must be registered students at StFX at the time of application.
StFX Entrance Bursary Program for Grade 12 Students:
- The 2023-23 Entrance Bursary Program is now closed to students entering directly from high school into undergraduate studies at StFX in fall 2023.
- Successful recipients will be notified of awards by mid-June.
- Visit the StFX Entrance Bursaries webpage to learn more.
Note about Renewable Bursaries in the Entrance and Limited Bursary Programs:
Renewable bursaries must be applied for each year, renewals are not automatic. The recipient must demonstrate that they continue to have need and meet the criteria in each subsequent year of study for the renewal to be granted. If a renewal is not granted, it cannot be regained in a future year of study. A student who has lost a renewable bursary may be considered again as a new recipient in a future year as part of a new applicant pool, but will not be given preference as a past holder of the bursary.
Renewal eligibly does not extend between programs. If, while studying in a diploma or degree program at StFX a bursary is awarded with the potential to be renewed, renewals will only be considered during the completion of that diploma or degree program. Should a recipient graduate and begin studies in a new academic program, they may be considered as a new recipient within a new applicant pool, but will not be given preference as a past holder of a renewable bursary during their previous diploma or degree studies.
Note to Grade 12 Students:
Apply to the Limited and General Bursary Programs once you have begun your studies at StFX, you cannot be considered for funding in either of these programs while you are still in high school.