Travel Claims

Travel Claims

All travel expenses on behalf of the University must adhere to the Travel Policy



Refer to AUT PD & Travel Expenses for details on professional development and travel expense claims relating to sections 1.2.2 and 2.1.2 of the AUT Collective Agreement

*Note - Travel advances not cleared by the submission of an approved expense report within 30 days of trip completion will trigger the issue of a Revenue Canada T4A Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity and Other Income which adds the outstanding advance amount to your income.


  1. Prepare a travel claim using the form and instructions in Forms Online.
  2. Complete any additional forms applicable.
  3. Receipts for travel must be submitted as per the travel policy – receipts should be submitted in the order they appear on the expense form.
  4. Submit the approved form and receipts to the accounts payable department

For all international payments, consult the International Payments and Purchases page.

Travel claim guidelines currently under development.