All travel expenses on behalf of the University must adhere to the Travel Policy
- Travel Claim Form - Use this form for domestic and international travel
- Supplemental Mileage Log Form - to be attached to expense report. This form is used by Faculty and students who are reimbursed quarterly for their mileage claims.
- Research Travel Authorization Form - this document must be submitted with your expense report for CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC account claims.
- Lost Receipt Decleration - this document to be sbmitted ONLY in the event original receipts have been lost, and copies cannot be obtained.
- Travel Advance Request - this document is to be submitted as per Travel Policy guidelines. *
- AUT Professional Development Fund Form - for spending eligible as defined in the Professional Development Fund information.
*Note - Travel advances not cleared by the submission of an approved expense report within 30 days of trip completion will trigger the issue of a Revenue Canada T4A Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity and Other Income which adds the outstanding advance amount to your income.
- Prepare a travel claim using the form and instructions in Forms Online.
- Complete any additional forms applicable.
- Receipts for travel must be submitted as per the travel policy – receipts should be submitted in the order they appear on the expense form.
- Submit the approved form and receipts to the accounts payable department
For all international payments, consult the International Payments and Purchases page.
Travel claim guidelines currently under development.