FOR STFX STUDENTS
StFX Students are able to apply for the Student Exchange Program after having completed 30 credit hours, however it is recommended that students begin exploring the opportunities available in their first year.
The deadline for applications for outgoing exchange is January 15th. The application process involves submitting a number of required documents. For this reason, students should begin the application process in the fall and submit their applications by the January 15th deadline.
Late applications will only be considered if there are still exchange placements available after the January 15th deadline.
Visit the Outbound Students page for information about outgoing application requirements.
Please submit application form and professional resume to the Education Abroad Advisor as one PDF document.
- Completed Application Form (Including Letter of Motivation and Preliminary Study Plan)
- Professional Resume
- Two References - Submitted directly by the referees to the Education Abroad Advisor (One Academic and One Academic or Professional)
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
For study in the fall semester or for a full year, the Education Abroad Advisor must receive nominations from the incoming student's international exchange office by May 1st. Required application documents must then be submitted by the student via email by May 15th.
For study in the winter semester, the Education Abroad Advisor must receive nominations from the incoming student's international exchange office by October 1st. Required application documents must then be submitted by the student via email by October 15th.
Visit the Inbound Students page for more detailed information about incoming application requirements.
- Nomination email - Sent directly to the Education Abroad Advisor from the home university's International Exchange Office (typically from the International Exchange Coordinator).
- International Exchange Application Form
- Confirmation of Language Skills Form (along with proof of certification if necessary).
- A PDF copy of your most recent official university transcript. (If transcripts are not in English an Official English Certified Transcript Translation must be obtained and sent along with the original copy).
All exchange applications should be emailed directly to the Education Abroad Advisor by the deadline.