For the latest on StFX’s response to COVID-19, please visit www.stfx.ca/coronavirus.
- StFX offers an online Master of Education in Administration & Policy or a Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction
- The StFX Master of Education program consists of 12 - three credit courses for a total of 36 credits.
- As part of the Master of Education degree requirement, students must attend summer school for a minimum of one 4-week session during July. The session will be the July immediately following acceptance into the program.
The July 2023 summer session will be fully online.
For further details, please see the Program Overview.
For information on our current and upcoming cohorts, please see MEd Cohorts.
(Application Deadline is February 15th)
For regular admission to the Master of Education program, candidates shall normally have:
- completed a Bachelor of Education degree or its equivalent.
- earned an average of at least 70% in the BEd Program or have placed in the top 25% of the BEd graduating class and,
- completed at least two years of successful teaching before enrolling in the first graduate course.
Considerable weight will also be given to the references and letter of intent supplied by the applicant as well as successful teaching experience .
Individuals who do not possess a Bachelor of Education degree will normally be considered when they have:
- gained a teaching license equivalent to a Nova Scotia Initial Certificate (TC5) or been employed in a teaching capacity for at least two years in a professional school or post-secondary institution
- met all other admission conditions
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not ensure acceptance into the program. Decisions of the Admissions Committee are final. You are responsible to check with the StFX Admissions Office (902 867-2219 / 1 (844) 299-2527 / firstname.lastname@example.org), to make sure your transcripts and reference letters have arrived. Incomplete files will not be considered for admission.
NOVA SCOTIA TEACHER CERTIFICATION: Nova Scotia teachers are advised to apply for program pre-approval prior to starting their studies as per the Nova Scotia Department of Education instructions: https://certification.ednet.ns.ca/increasing-certification-classification-upgrading