Skip to main content
10 Reasons Why to Learn German
- 120 Million+ people are learning German.
- Germany is one of the most important trading partners for most countries, including Canada, and is the third largest industry nation in the world.
- Over 60 Million books are published in German every year. Goethe Schiller, Brecht, Hesse, Zweig, Grass, Rilke are only a few names to mention.
- Knowledge of German is a great advantage in the tourism industry since more and more people from Germany are visiting Canada.
- German is the most commonly spoken language in Europe. You gain access to an important intellectual, economic and cultural historic area of Central Europe by knowing the language.
- Scientist of German-speaking countries have one more that 21 Nobel prizes in Physics, 30 in Chemistry and 25 in Medicine. Many other Nobel prizes winners were educated at German universities.
- In some occupations a second language like German will be useful, for professions like diplomat, travel agent, custom inspector, hotel manager.
- Knowledge of the German language improves your chances on the job market.
- If you travel to Germany and you speak German, it will be easier for you to know Germans along with their history and culture.
- Knowledge of German opens the door to the birthplace of Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Goethe, Freud, Einstein, Marx.