Workplace First Aid Attendants
Contact your local trained First Aid Attendant (see list below) or Safety & Security at 902 867 4444 for First Aid requirements. In addition to the list below, all Safety & Security Officers are trained First Aid Attendants.
Some departments and faculties have additional requirements and measures in place for First Aid.
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
There are AEDs located in the following areas:
- Keating Centre (near Skate Sharpening area) - Phillips HeartStart
- Morrison Hall (President's office entrance) - ZOLL AED-3
- Therapy Centre in Saputo Centre (inside main door or at games) - ZOLL AED Plus
- Hockey Therapy Centre in Keating Centre (inside main door or at games) - ZOLL AED Plus
- 42 West Street Municipal Building (east end of 2nd floor) - Phillips HeartStart
- Brian Mulroney Hall (Notre Dame Avenue entrance) - ZOLL AED-3
- Bloomfield Centre (near main entrance on 3rd floor) - ZOLL AED-3
- Safety and Security office - ZOLL AED-3
- Safety and Security truck - ZOLL AED-3
- Crystal Cliffs Barn - ZOLL AED-3
THE LATEST NEWS!
Recent changes to the Nova Scotia First Aid Regulations have harmonized the regulations with the new standards from the Canadian Standards Association (CSA). They came into effect on June 13, 2022 (with employers given one year to comply with some training and first aid requirements). The changes are meant to modernize the regulations, improve clarity, and reduce regulatory burden by harmonizing the workplace first aid requirements across jurisdictions (where possible). To provide a better understanding of the changes, the province’s Safety Branch has produced a plain language document called: Workplace First Aid – A guide for Employers and First Aiders, which employers are encouraged to review.
NOTE: StFX employees - please do not order the new CSA first aid kits or convert your current ones to that standard. We have until June 2023 to comply and are looking at our first aid programs university-wide. Your current first aid kits are compliant until further notice. Contact the OHS office with any questions.
First Aid Treatment during COVID-19 Safe Operating Procedure
Workplace First Aid - A Guide for Employers and First Aiders (includes June 2022 updates to legislation)