Workplace First Aiders
Contact your local First Aider (see list below) or Safety & Security at 902 867 4444 for First Aid requirements. In addition to the list below, all Safety & Security Officers are trained First Aid Attendants.
Some departments and faculties have additional requirements and measures in place for First Aid.
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
There are AEDs located in the following areas:
- Alumni Aquatic Centre in Amelia Saputo Centre (near Welcome Desk) - Phillips HeartStart
- Keating Centre (near Skate Sharpening area) - Phillips HeartStart
- Morrison Hall (President's office entrance) - ZOLL AED-3
- Therapy Centre in Saputo Centre (inside main door or at games) - ZOLL AED Plus
- Hockey Therapy Centre in Keating Centre (inside main door or at games) - ZOLL AED Plus
- 42 West Street Municipal Building (2nd floor) - Phillips HeartStart
- Brian Mulroney Hall (Notre Dame Avenue entrance) - ZOLL AED-3
- Bloomfield Centre (near main entrance on 3rd floor) - ZOLL AED-3
- Mount Saint Bernard (Notre Dame main entrance) - Cardiac Science
- Safety and Security office - ZOLL AED-3
- Safety and Security truck - ZOLL AED-3
- Crystal Cliffs Barn - ZOLL AED-3
THE LATEST NEWS!
Recent changes to the Nova Scotia First Aid Regulations have harmonized the regulations with the new standards from the Canadian Standards Association (CSA). They came into effect on June 13, 2022 (with employers given one year to comply with some training and first aid requirements). The changes are meant to modernize the regulations, improve clarity, and reduce regulatory burden by harmonizing the workplace first aid requirements across jurisdictions (where possible). To provide a better understanding of the changes, the province’s Safety Branch has produced a plain language document called: Workplace First Aid – A guide for Employers and First Aiders, which employers are encouraged to review.
Workplace First Aid - A Guide for Employers and First Aiders (includes June 2022 updates to legislation)