Lower-risk guidelines from the Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction:
General Information on alcohol and substance use:
General information about Alcohol
Fact Sheets on binge-drinking
Information on Addiction and Recovery
Alternatives to alcohol and substance use:
Ways to relax.
Alternatives to alcohol use.
Ideas for how to say no.
For more information and where you can go for help, check out these resources!
- Canada’s Low Risk Drinking Guidelines
- E-Checkuptogo - Personalized Assessment and Recommendations Tailored to Your Use
- Dealing with Drinking - Tips on How to Quit or Cut Down:
- In Our Words: What Alcohol Use Looks Like in Our Towns- Descriptive Local Resource
Information about Cannabis:
- Information About New Cannabis Laws in Nova Scotia:
- Government of Canada - About Problematic Substance Use:
- Highway Home- Interactive Website with Cannabis Use & Driving Information:
Problematic Alcohol and Substance Use Resources:
- StFX Health & Counselling Centre - Make an Appointment:
- Therapists available in Antigonish for Professional Help
- Nova Scotia Health: Mental Health and Addictions Website
- Kids Help Phone- Designed for Young Canadians, Accessible to Anyone
- Government of Canada - Get Help with Problematic Substance Use- Organized by Province.