Note: Regulations listed below for the honors program apply to candidates entering the program after January 1, 1997.
The Major Program
Major candidates are required to complete:
- PSYC 101/102
- One of PSYC 210, 220, 225, or 230
- PSYC 291/292
- 12 psychology credits at the 300/400 level
- 6 further psychology credits
The Honours Program
Honors candidates are required to complete:
- PSYC 101/102; one of 210, 220, 225 or 230; 291/292; 301/302; 394; 490
- An additional six credits at the 400 level
- PSYC 391 and 491 (non-credit courses) and an honors thesis
- 60 credits in psychology
Candidates must follow the degree regulations given in section 4 of the St. FX Course Calendar.
Candidates must follow the degree regulations given in chapter 7 of the St FX Course Calendar and should note:
- PSYC courses are considered science courses only when they are taken as part of a major, or honours subject in the B.Sc. program.
- B.Sc. major program must include BIOL 111, 112; MATH 106/107 or 126/127 and 12 additional credits in science courses (excluding PSYC).
- B.Sc. honours degree programs must include BIOL 111, 112; CHEM 100, MATH 106/107 or 126/127; and 6 additional credits in science courses (excluding PSYC);
- For the B.Sc. honours program, the 18 credits of electives approved by the department must consist of courses in PSYC or in other science subjects.