Personal Information Change Requests

To change your name:

All name change requests must be accompanied by official documentation of the name change either in person, by fax or mail. Acceptable documentation are: Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate (recently issued), Divorce Certificate, Passport, Nexus card or Legal Change of Name documents.  Note: a driver's license is not proof of a legal name. To change your name, please send or bring a copy of your official documentation to the Office of the Registrar (Nicholson Tower, 2nd floor), or fax to (902) 867-5458.

To change your chosen name:

Students requesting to use a chosen name are asked to visit the Registrar’s Office or send an email to providing us with their ID number and the chosen name they wish to use. No documentation will be required. Upon receipt of the request, the student’s record will be updated accordingly.  Please note that at this time, the mesAMIS class list will reflect both the legal name/chosen name.

After the chosen name is updated in Banner, students may visit the IT Services Help Desk or send an email to to request to have their chosen name associated with their StFX email address. Additionally, students may request to have their ID card reprinted at the Security office. There will be no fee if they have their old ID card with them.

To change your address and/or phone number:

Use the web form in mesAMIS to change address or telephone information for your permanent mailing address or your temporary off-campus address.  Please note that all official, hard-copy correspondence from the University is mailed to your mailing address, not your off-campus address.

To change your residency status:

A Confirmation of Permanent Residence or a Permanent Residence Card is required to change your residency status to permanent resident.  Learn more about permanent residence on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.  To change your status, please send or bring an original Confirmation of Permanent Residence or a Permanent Residence Card to the Office of the Registrar (Nicholson Tower, 2nd floor).


Send mail to the Registrar's Office at:

P.O. BOX 5000