All StFX ID cards are processed in the Safety & Security Operations Centre (SOC) located in 5005 Chapel Square.
All StFX University students and staff are provided with a photo identification card. The ID cards are the property of the university and are initially provided free of charge.
ID Rules and Regulations
- Identification cards are property of StFX University.
- ID presentation must be made on request of Safety & Security personnel.
- Lost cards must be reported to the Safety & Security Operations Centre (902) 867-4444.
- The card holder bears cost of replacement on lost and/or damaged cards.
- If your original card is found after a replacement card has been issued, the original card must be returned to the Safety & Security Operations Centre.
- Do not lend your card to anyone for any purpose. Doing so is a violation of the University Access Control Policy and may lead to judicial charges.
- Any tampering or defacing of the card may lead to judicial charges.
For more information regarding StFX employee ID cards please refer to the HR Website
ID Card Replacements
There will be a replacement charge on all ID cards that are lost or damaged.
Fair wear and tear is expected and replacement fees do not apply ONLY IF the worn card is presented for replacement. Fair wear and tear is defined as: Photo or information on card is no longer visible or magstripe/barcode is no longer working.