- Daytime Parking - $250 per year/$150 per term
- Overnight Parking - $400 per year/$225 per term
- Monthly Parking - $50 per month
- Single Day Parking - $10 per day
Permits will be required for any parking areas on campus during daytime hours and for overnight parking. Parking permits will not be required for people attending events on campus after 6 PM on weekdays or for parking at any time on weekends between 6 AM and 1AM. There will be parking spaces designated at the Keating Centre and Bloomfield Centre to accommodate short duration parking requirements.
Parking permits can be purchased and picked up at the Keating Centre Box Office between 8 AM and 8 PM daily.
Payroll deduction is available for StFX employees as a means of paying for the fee (approximately $10 per pay).
The shift to paid parking is in line with our goal to create a more pedestrian-centric campus that reduces traffic congestion. More information will be shared as it becomes available.
Only students living in residence will be eligible to register for and purchase an OVERNIGHT parking permit, and all students with OVERNIGHT parking permits will be required to park in designated OVERNIGHT parking areas. Students who purchase an OVERNIGHT parking permit do not need to purchase a daytime parking permit.
Those students living in residence who wish to leave vehicles overnight on campus will need to purchase an OVERNIGHT parking permit at a cost of $400 for the full academic year (September 1st, 2022 – August 31st, 2023) or $225 for one academic term.
Please click the link above to purchase an overnight parking permit for the 2022/2023 StFX Academic year.
Please complete the form which requires your Student ID number, Residence, Make, Model and Year of vehicle and License Plate number. The system will not allow you to checkout without completing the form with this information. It is important that the details are correct as Security will be matching the permits with the information provided when checking parking areas and enforcing overnight parking during the academic year. Incorrect information could lead to a ticket or even having your vehicle towed.
Overnight parking permits can be picked up at the Charles V. Keating Centre Box Office. Students will be asked for their ID to match with the data that is in the system.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to our limited parking capacity, we cannot guarantee that all students wishing to purchase an OVERNIGHT parking permit will receive one.
OVERNIGHT parking permits DO NOT authorize the holder to park in “University Authorized Vehicles Only” parking spaces around campus.Should you decide to not bring a vehicle to campus, a number of transportation options are at your disposal including the StFX Students’ Union Drive-U, Antigonish Community Transit, and Maritime Bus. Many services and amenities, including grocery stores and the Antigonish Mall, are within walking distance of campus.
- Overnight Parking Permits MUST be clearly visible in your vehicle at all times when parked on campus. Failure to do so may result in your vehicle being ticketed and towed.
- All vehicles MUST be parked in an approved parking space in one of the designated Overnight Parking areas: P3, P4, P6, P8a, P8b, P12, P13, P16, P17. A link to the Campus Parking Map is provided below. Please make yourself familiar with the Overnight Parking areas.
- Overnight Parking Permits DO NOT guarantee a parking space in a specific parking area or a parking space close to your building.
- When requested by the University, all vehicles MUST be relocated to support parking area maintenance or other campus requirements.
- All vehicles should be moved frequently to enable parking area maintenance.
- Parking in Bloomfield Centre parking area P5 is permitted until 3 AM to accommodate events. Parking in all other non-overnight parking areas is permitted until 1 AM.
AUTHORIZED AND VISITOR PARKING
- Visitor Parking Spaces are also designated across campus to provide short-term access to high-use buildings/facilities.
- Guests may use daily parking spaces on campus as available.
- Guests of the University may be pre-approved to park in "University Authorized Vehicles Only" spaces to accommodate for special events.
- Requests for authorized parking privileges MUST be made IN ADVANCE with StFX Safety & Security Services for approval. If approved, directions as to where to park the vehicle on campus will be provided. Failure to communicate IN ADVANCE may result in the vehicle being ticketed and towed.
- Prospective students and their families touring the University must obtain an AUTHORIZED parking tag from Safety & Security Services if parked in a University Authorized Parking Only space (Campus Tour Coordinator will facilitate this).
- Accessible parking spaces are available throughout the campus. Accessible parking spaces are regulated provincially and authorization for use of these spaces requires an accessible parking tag issued by the province of Nova Scotia.
- Accessible parking tags are only to be used by the authorized user of the tag or when the authorized user is in the vehicle.
- Accessible parking tags MUST be clearly visible in the vehicle at all times.
- Unauthorized use of accessible parking spaces will result in a parking violation being issued along with the vehicle being towed.
Parking accommodations may also be made available to persons with certain medical conditions. Please contact Safety & Security Services IN ADVANCE to request approval. If approved, directions as to where to park your vehicle on campus will be provided. Failure to communicate IN ADVANCE may result in the vehicle being ticketed and towed.
Individuals seeking clairification regarding issued parking violations MUST submit in writing by email to email@example.com:
- the violation number
- their concerns and questions
- an image of the parking violation
All correspondence will be reviewed by Security Officers and the Manager of StFX Safety & Security Services. A response will be provided at the earliest opportunity.
StFX appreciates the cooperation of all vehicle owners. Please note that it is your responsibility to be aware of the parking signs around you, and that all vehicles not in compliance will be issued written violations and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
Please contact StFX Safety & Security Services for any questions regarding campus parking at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902-867-4444.