- Do not let strangers into the building. Remember, as a key holder YOU are responsible not only for your own safety, but for all other authorized people within.
- Never prop open doors to locked buildings. If you find a door that is propped open, remove the obstruction.
- Keep your residence door locked (even when inside).
- Greet strangers and check all identification from wanting to enter your residence. Remember that they are strangers and it is up to them to establish their identity to you. Legitimate visitors will not have a problem with this. All students and staff should challenge strangers. In most cases a polite "May I help you?" is sufficient. Legitimate people will usually explain what they are doing in that particular area. Remember, dishonest individuals do not want to be seen or heard. In acknowledging their presence, you have "blown their cover."
- Do not lend your key(s) to anyone. Residence keys are issued to those who are authorized. Key control is vital.
- Report any damage or tampering with emergency and safety equipment for immediate repair or replacement. Ensure all emergency exits are kept clear of debris or obstructions.
- If you require an escort, Campus Security Services offers an escort to your vehicle or on campus residence.
Notify Safety & Security Services of any suspicious persons or activities.